Start a new topic

Shared Multiple Document Views

The settings for columns (visibility and order of columns) are stored within the document.

When multiple users work on ReqView-Documents, these settings are conflicted.

Proposal: Store settings in table-specific or project specific files within user-space.

Thanks for your feature request. 

Just to summarize the current behavior for the further discussion: the private user views are stored in the local application persistency and are cleared when the project is closed. A user can optionally make its private view as the default shared view for the given document. This does not fit the case when different users need a different view for the same document.

I see two options how to handle this feature request: 

1) Keep the user private view in the application persistency even the project is closed and restore it when the project is reopened.

2) Allow to save multiple named document views (not only the "default") with the project.

Which option matches better your usecase?

Hi Libor,

both options are good solutions. Looking at other Requirement-Tools, I would suggest to realize 2)

2) Allow to save multiple named document views (not only the "default") with the project.

regards,

Oguz

I also like more option (2) because it is more general and allows users to share use-case specific views.

Login or Signup to post a comment